Govt To Be Responsible If Something Happens To Nawaz: Marriyum Slams Govt’s ‘Delaying Tactics’
LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb has on Monday slammed the government over ‘delaying tactics’ in removing former Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL). She said that government would be held responsible if something happened to Nawaz Sharif, reported Naya Daur.
Also read: No Deal, But A Face-Saver For The PM
In a statement issued today, Marriyum condemned the ‘delaying tactics’ of the government and said that Nawaz Sharif’s deteriorating health could have serious consequences for the government. She said that it was a matter of Nawaz Sharif’s health and the government was delaying the removal of the former premier’s name from the ECL despite the recommendation by the official medical board formed by the government.
“The official board has given in writing that Nawaz Sharif’s life is under serious threat, they why are they delaying his departure? Punjab government is shifting the blame on to Interior Ministry. Interior Ministry blames it on NAB. NAB blames it on the government. Does anyone realise here that it’s the matter of a person’s life? Treating a three-time former prime minister like this is unfair to the people of Pakistan and an honourable man”, she said.
She urged the government to act with maturity. “Nawaz Sharif’s doctors are anxious to send him abroad for treatment. His name must be removed from ECL today, as recommended by the doctors’ board”, she added.
Nawaz Sharif was released on bail last week on medical grounds and was supposed to leave the country today for the treatment but his name has not yet been removed from ECL.