‘No Pakistani Soldier, Civilian Killed In Balakot Airstrike’: India
Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that ‘no Pakistani soldier or civilian was killed in the air strike’ in Balakot by the Indian Air Force (IAF) on February 26.
Earlier, India had claimed to ‘kill 300 terrorists’ and destroy ‘terrorist hideouts’ in Balakot in February. Their claims were backed with no evidence. Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) had revealed that only a few trees were damaged as a result of Indian airstrikes.
Earlier this month, Pakistan opened the Indian ‘strike’ site to foreign ambassadors and journalists, most of them from India. Director-General (DG) ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor briefed the foreign dignitaries about the details of the event and ground realities contrary to Indian claims.
In a recent interview, the Indian FM said that India carried out the Balakot ‘strike’ in ‘self-defence’. She said that the IAF was told to target Jaish-e-Muhammad Camps over ‘their involvement in Pulwama Attack’ and that the IAF did so without ‘harming any Pakistani soldier or civilian’.
She also went on to claim that the international community was in support of India’s ‘self-defence’ move.
DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor said that the truth has been revealed.
“Finally the truth under ground reality compulsions. Hopefully, so will be about other false Indian claims e.g surgical strike 2016, denial of shooting down of 2 IAF jets by PAF and claim about F16. Better late than never,” he said.
Naya Daur Media (NDM) is a bi-lingual progressive digital media platform aiming to inform and educate Pakistanis at home and abroad. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here Follow us on Facebook Twitter and Instagram