Maleeha Lodhi’s 6-Point Plan To Tackle Racism And Religious Bigotry
To tackle racism and religious hatred, Pakistan has proposed a six-point plan at the United Nations.
Pakistan’s Permanent Representative to the UN Maleeha Lodhi presented this plan at an event in New York.
The plan includes:
• Legislation to address racism and faith-based hatred
• Monitoring social media platforms to prevent hate speech and negative stereotyping
• A strategy to counter Islamophobia
• More research to identify root causes of religious hatred
• Increased engagement of women and youth
• Better investment in education
International community should pay attention to these proposals.
But most importantly government of Pakistan should prepare a strategy and invest resources to eliminate bigotry and discrimination within the country.
Naya Daur Media (NDM) is a bi-lingual progressive digital media platform aiming to inform and educate Pakistanis at home and abroad.