Type to search

News

Hamid Mir Says Family Being Threatened, Vows To Go To ‘Any Extent’

Senior journalist Hamid Mir has said that his family is being threatened but he is ready for any consequences. Following reports of Mir being taken off air, the anchor said that it was not new for him as he has faced censorship many times in the past.

“Nothing new for me.I was banned twice in the past.Lost jobs twice.Survived assassination attempts but cannot stop raising voice for the rights given in the constitution,” he wrote on Twitter.

He further said that he was ready to go to any extent.

Days after addressing a protest against attacks on journalists, senior anchor Hamid Mir was taken off air and won’t host his talk show ‘Capital Talk’ on Geo News, reports indicated on Monday. The show will continue, but with a different host. According to reports, Mir will remain part of the Jang Group, but is being sent on ‘leave’ and won’t appear on TV for an indefinite period.

The senior journalist had issued strong remarks against the establishment while addressing a protest held in Islamabad last week against attack on journalist Asad Toor and the cycle of violence against dissenting journalists. Social media hashtags were since being used against him by bot accounts.

Tags:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Naya Daur