Type to search

Coronavirus Coronavirus Updates News

Coronavirus Fear Drops Rawalpindi Crime Rate To Zero

  • 16
    Shares

Since the enforcement of province-wide lockdown on March 24, no crime has been recorded in Rawalpindi, police officials have said.

According to a news report published in Samaa, Rawalpindi Saddar Division SP Rai Mazhar Iqbal said that the crime rate had begun declining even before the lockdown was enforced. “Before the lockdown, the crime rate had already reduced by 70% to 80%. The remaining 20% to 25% rate was taken care of by the lockdown,” he added.

“The crime rate is dropped to zero because the criminals don’t want to put themselves at risk due to the fear of the deadly coronavirus. Also, numerous personnel of law enforcement agencies are patrolling the city,” the police noted the reason of decline in crime rate in the city.

Last month, three patients died after being infected by coronavirus within a week in Rawalpindi. To date, the national toll of coronavirus has risen to 3864, with the provincial governments of Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan confirming 1918, 932, 500, 202 cases respectively. The government officials have confirmed 54 coronavirus deaths across the country.

Tags:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.