10 Simple Steps You Need To Take To Prevent Coronavirus
COVID 19 is a pandemic announced by the World Health Organisation (WHO). Pandemic is a disease which is spread all over the world. COVID targets respiratory tract, causing life threatening pneumonia in some patients.
COVID-19 is not an airborne disease like flu and you don’t get it by inhaling it from air. COVID is spread by being in close contact with patients and by touching the objects/surfaces contaminated by droplets from the nose or mouth of patients.
Virus causing COVID-19 could stay alive on surfaces/objects from few hours for up to several days.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
The most common symptoms are;
Other symptoms include aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea
COVID-19 will not kill everybody.
Older adults and patient who are already suffering from diseases like Diabetes, heart or lung disease are at increased risk of developing life threatening complications.
How to protect self and others
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently.
- Use Sanitizers that contain at least 70% alcohol in case soap is not available and hand washing is not Cover the entire hand surface with sanitizer and rub until dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contacts with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- If you are not sick you are not required to wear a face mask unless you are caring for somebody who is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily such as doorknobs, table, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, desks, keyboards, faucets, toilets and sinks
There is no treatment available for COVID-19 for now. Moreover, there is no vaccine available as well against the virus.
The best way to prevent this infection is to exercise caution. If symptoms develop, you should immediately contact healthcare personnel in your community/area.
Please remember COVID-19 will not kill everybody so please don’t be afraid but be cautious to stay healthy.
It is strongly recommended not to pay attention to the so called remedies/ solutions of COVID-19 circulating on social media including Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter. It could cause more harm than good.
For authentic information on this disease one can refer to the websites of World Health Organisation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.