Notifications Regarding COAS’s Extension Not Prepared By Law Ministry, Says Farogh Naseem
Federal Law Minister Farogh Naseem has revealed that the notifications regarding the extension of the army chief’s tenure, which had been rejected by the Supreme Court, were not prepared by the Law Ministry.
In an interview to a private TV channel host Shahzeb Khanzada, Law Minister Farogh Naseem stated that the first three summaries of the notifications regarding the army chief’s extension, which had been rejected by the Supreme Court, were not prepared by the Law Ministry.
He added that this was not the job of the Law Ministry.
Law Minister Farogh Nasim on Shahzeb Khanzada show said “Let me clarify that the 3 rejected notifications were not prepared by law ministry”
So who prepared them?
— Khalid Munir (@Khalid_Munir) December 27, 2019
In November, the Supreme Court had suspended the notification of extension in services of COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa. The notification had been issued by the Prime Minister’s Office in August, while the extension was confirmed on November 27.
The Supreme Court later gave an extension of six months to the army chief, while making it conditional to legislation on the matter.