‘Pulwama Attack Was Planned In India’: NSC Rubbishes Indian Accusations
A National Security Committee (NSC) meeting was called at the PM House on Thursday during which Indian allegations against Pakistan over Pulwama Attack were rubbished and it was said that the attack was planned by elements in the neighbouring country.
“Pakistan has offered to take action on Indian allegations if the neighbouring country can provide evidence. This goes on to show Pakistan’s honesty. The country has nothing to do with Pulwama Attack and it was planned and executed by elements within India,” the committee said, according to Geo News.
It was also said that any element caught using Pakistan’s premises to cause trouble in neighbouring regions would be dealt with an iron-fist. The committee also condemned Indian atrocities in occupied-Kashmir and rejected Indian allegations of Pakistan’s involvement in the attack.
During the meeting, NSC was briefed about Pakistan’s internal and border security, while Pakistan’s role in restoring peace in Afghanistan was also reviewed. The committee was also briefed regarding the latest case hearing of Kulbhushan Jadav case in the International Court of Justice (ICJ) this week.
The meeting was headed by Prime Minister Imran Khan, and was attended by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak, Finance Minister Asad Umar and heads of Pakistan’s army, navy and air force.
Earlier this week, PM Imran Khan issued official response to Indian allegations over Pulwama Attack. He said Pakistan was ready to take action if Indian provides evidence. He also said that war was the last thing Pakistan wanted, but if attacked, the country will respond befittingly.
"بھارت نے مذاکرات کے لئے ہمیشہ یہ شرط عائد کی کہ دہشتگردی پر بات ہوگی، ہم دہشتگردی پر بات کرنے کو تیار ہیں، ہمارا سو ارب ڈالر کا نقصان ہوا ہے دہشتگردی سے لیکن بھارت کے اندر ہی یہ بحث بھی ہونی چاہیے کہ کیا کشمیر کا مسئلہ محض فوج کشی سے ہی حل ہو سکتا ہے؟"pic.twitter.com/oFo8IlCHPI
— Naya Daur Urdu (@nayadaurpk_urdu) February 19, 2019
Last week, 44 Indian soldiers were killed when a van packed with explosives rammed into a convoy of paramilitary officers in occupied-Kashmir.
Have something to say about the story? Write in the comments section below