‘I Will Stick To What I Said’: Sidhu Refuses To Backtrack From Remarks In Favour Of Pakistan
Indian politician, television personality and former cricketer Navjot Sindh Sidhu has said that he will not backtrack from his comments over the Pulwama Attack and Pakistan.
After the Pulwama Attack, Sidhu had said that an entire nation could not be blamed for attacks carried out by ‘terrorists’. For this, he faced backlash and threats from various groups in India and also has reportedly been removed from the Kapil Sharma show.
On a question regarding his removal, Sidhu said he had no idea but he refused to backtrack from his comments. “I don’t know about that (being removed from the Kapil Sharma show), but I have said it in the past, I will say it today and tomorrow too (that an entire nation cannot be blamed for acts of terrorists).”
Sidhu said that he could not be available for two episodes of the Kapil Sharma show due to personal reasons and the channel invited Archana Puran Singh in his place. He has not received any message of suspension/removal from the channel.
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher slammed Sidhu calling his comments ‘rubbish’. “When you talk too much, it can lead you to talking rubbish,” he tweeted.
Sometimes when you talk too much, it can lead to you talking rubbish.:) https://t.co/iek0e4rKqW
— Anupam Kher (@AnupamPKher) February 17, 2019
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has come to Sidhu defence saying that his comments were not ‘anti-national’ as termed by many.
Singh said that since Sidhu was a cricketer in the past (and Amarinder himself a soldier), Sidhu does not understand defence intricacies and his reaction was based on friendly motives.
Last week, 44 Indian soldiers were killed in Occupied Kashmir when a van packed with explosives rammed into their convoy.
Have something to say about the story? Write in the comments section below